Wellness is the road to reconnecting with culture and an individuals spirit. Aboriginal people are overwhelmed dealing with extremely poor emotional regulation and management as a result of the past 200 years of colonisation. A shame considering the well-being that was present here before this tragic period in this country's timeline. However, tapping back into these methods of self-care and self-awareness is the cradle towards healing as a people, and nation.
Participants in this experience will benefit in a range of areas that will have a positive impact across many aspects of their lives. A measure of success in workshops like this is the awareness of the core topics that are generated through participation and feedback following this workshop. The outcomes of the complete workshop are as follows
- Explore emotions through mindful methods such as meditation, visualization, and hearing from a successful story using these methods.
- Experience a light introduction to shadow work and past childhood healing.
- Improve understanding of emotions and their impact on mood and social interactions.
- Become aware of positive strategies to use in day-to-day experiences with emotions and overwhelming situations.
- Enhance social and emotional well-being.
- Have the opportunity to experience a unique connection to Aboriginal culture and spirituality.
BlackFit Fitness Workshops
The BlackFit Fitness Engagements have evolved and expanded across the country over time, drawing from our extensive experience working with schools, communities, and institutions. Our school programs are tailored to meet the specific needs of each institution and are developed upon request following consultation with your team. We strive to create the best possible experiences for your target group by blending their personal needs with our expertise and experience.
These programs are suitable for a variety of organizations, including schools, government institutions, correctional centers, and youth centers. Some examples of our current programs within these institutions include:
- Facilitated BroSpeak
- Group and individual mentoring
- Traditional dance workshops
- Art workshops, including mural creation
- BushTucker and Dreaming space construction
- Didgeridoo groups (we can provide didgeridoos upon request)
- Sport, fitness, and physical activity sessions
- Men's mentoring
- Artefact creation
- Wellness and goal-setting workshops
All workshops can be developed into ongoing programs or presented as one-offs. These details, along with additional considerations, are discussed collaboratively to create a personalised program that aims to achieve the best outcomes for your organisation.
The BlackFit Fitness Holiday Programs aim to align with the goals and outcomes of the community, with a recent focus on youth engagement. We have traveled across the state to deliver these engaging and personalised programs, which have ranged from running over a week to just a single day in various communities. The content of our programs is tailored to suit the specific needs of each community.
Some examples of our past community holiday programs include:
- Traditional dance workshops
- Art workshops featuring ochre art creation, including murals for funding organisations
- Sport, fitness, and physical clinics, including competitions and prizes
- Young soft ninja warrior course suitable for children under 10
- Fishing competitions
- Wellness and meditation workshops
- Gym sessions, including boxing programs
All workshops can be developed into ongoing programs or presented as one-offs. These details, along with more specific considerations, are discussed as a group to create a personalised program that strives for the best outcomes for your organisation.