Crumbed tuna and sweet potato patties
- 1 Sweet potato - large size.
- 1 thumb sized ginger clove.
- 1 large size of tuna.
- Thyme leaves.
- 2 eggs.
- Peel and dice sweet potato. Add to boiling water until soft; drain and mash leaving the mashed sweet potato in the pot.
- Peel and dice ginger to add with thyme leaves. Add ginger and thyme leaves into the pot with the mashed sweet potato.
- Add two cracked eggs and mix with ingredients in pot until eggs are mixed together well.
- Heat a pan on medium; roll mash mix and dip into a crumbled mixture (quinoa flakes are suggested). Once crumbed to suit add to hot frying pan and fry until crumbed mixture turns dark gold to brown.
- You can add more flavours i.e. garlic, chilli etc.
- cooking these patties can take some time to get use to, cooking slow on a lower heat rather than on high usually allows them to stick together better.
- Add any veggies with them or even a salad - whatever suits you!